Iron on self adhesive fabric. A very strong covering material. Weight: 85~98 g.s.m. Very easy to apply. Much stronger than films, but heavier. Has a matt surface which is already fuelproofed with a resin coating. Easily cleaned with soapy water to remove dirt or oil. Apply Gloss to make glossy or protect from soiling. Best for large models, old timers and vintage models, or medium to large models with open frame construction and scale models of fabric covered aircraft. The strongest and toughest covering. Iron on application. Can be painted.
ORATEX has 5 points in its favour
- Easy application: due to its suppleness and a shrinkage of 5% in both directions. ORATEX is easy to apply round corners and edges. Creases can easily be removed with a heat-gun.
- Excellent adhesion: the adhesive of ORATEX is about double as strong as that of conventional fabric coverings.
- Remarkable toughness and stability of the fabric.
- Protective seal: the surface of ORATEX has been treated to make it fuel and oil resistant. You can paint or varnish it if you wish, but there is not need to do so!
- Eight attractive colours.
Note: Trim does not stick properly to untreated tex.