Built to thrill
Rugged Dakar truck styling atop the proven all-weather Animus platform makes the 18DT something of a must-have ready-to-run off-roader.
When it comes to choosing an off-road vehicle, it pays to buy a product with a proven track record – a car with a quality and pedigree that can be measured in its bloodline. The Animus 18DT is just such a product and in this, its latest iteration, the popular 1/18th scale off-roader is treated to sturdy Dakar truck styling (in a choice of red or blue) and a top speed in excess of 20 mph.
Dependable all-terrain handling is, of course, an expected attribute of the Animus 4WD series and in this respect the 18DT offers no exception. It’s a crucial feature that goes hand-in-hand with other hereditary characteristics such as an all-weather proportional electronic speed controller, robust 370 brushed motor, high-performance 1100mAh NiMH battery, oil-filled bladder-top shocks, twin ball-raced heavy-duty differentials and, significantly, high-grip, low-wear tires that keep you hooked to a multitude of surfaces. In short, it’s a convenient, quality, ready-to-run vehicle that you’ll love to own and long to drive, not least for the locked-in feel and dependability of the supplied IKONNIK SR2 rate-equipped 2.4GHz radio.
- 100% factory assembled and ready to run.
- High stability, low center of gravity chassis.
- High intensity front and rear LEDs keep you driving, even after dark.
- Ball bearing supported high performance drivetrain ensures strength and durability.
- High grip tires with aggressive tread design are ready for any condition.
- Mini big bore oil-filled bladder-top shocks with adjustable ride height.
- Four wheel independent suspension.
- Planetary gear differentials, each with 4 bevel gears.
- 1100mAh NiMH for long run times.
- All-weather electronics.
- Red or blue body colour option.
- 20+ mph top speed.
What's in the box
- 1 x Ready-to-run Animus 18DT.
- 1 x 2.4GHz IKONNIK SR2 2-channel transmitter.
- 1 x 1100mAh NiMH battery.
- 1 x AC wall charger.
- 1 x Comprehensive instruction manual.
- 1 x 4-way cross wrench.
- 1 x 1.5mm L-wrench.
- 1 x Antenna tube.
- 1 x Shock spacer set.
||596 (with battery)
Needed to complete
- 8 x AA-size batteries for the transmitter.